Saturday, August 13, 2011

Life on the Farm

Eric's been busy this summer with baling hay, plowing the field, and planting beans. I didn't take any pictures the day that he and some friends and family baled hay, but it was a HOT day that day. We were so appreciative for all the help Eric got in doing that.

After the hay was baled, Eric was then able to till up the ground to get it ready to plant beans. Here's a few pictures.








We spent the first weekend in June (our anniversary weekend!) at my parents' house tearing down this machine shed. My dad is getting a new machine shed, so Eric, along with my dad and brother and a couple friends, spent the weekend tearing down the old shed so Eric can put it up at our farm.


Hopefully sometime this fall we'll have a building that looks like this up and ready to be used!

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a project! Gil and dad and my cousins took apart a hog building similar, but smaller, so I know what a big job that is! We didn't need the shed even though dad wanted us to take it. Instead it is now a shelter roof out at the dam! That's awesome that you will have a shed and now a tractor to put in it!!! Can't wait for baby number two to arrive...keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete